|FDK developed the next-generation high power inductor, corresponding to the high current capacity: 30% higher than the conventional model|
|May 19, 2015
|FDK CORPORATION (Tokyo Stock Exchange 2nd Section: Code 6955) developed the next-generation High Power Inductor
of MCP2016G (2.0mm x 1.6mm x 1.0mm high max) by LGA structure*1 as MCP series which realize to corresponding to high current capacity and low loss characteristics by adopting “Land Grid Array Package (LGA)”.
The MCP2016G is the most suitable power inductor for the power supply circuit of mobile devices such as mobile phones, tablet terminals, and wearable devices which are attractive.
In recent years, mobile devices have been advancing in high and multiple functions. Thus, power inductors for power supply circuits are expected to correspond to variety of needs such as high current, low loss, downsizing, low profile, etc.
Responding these trends, FDK developed the high power inductor of MCP2016G adopting LGA electrode which realized to corresponding to higher current (30% increased its DC bias characteristics against the conventional model) and low loss characteristics (30% decreased against the conventional model) by applying the “original ferrite technology”, “magnetic circuit design technology”, “process technology”, and seeking the optimal design of inductor structure.
Thus, it is possible to use for high current capacity use and to achieve high conversion efficiency in the high frequency drive power circuit.
In addition, by adopting the LGA electrode structure, we could design and mount of power supply circuit without considering the short circuit with metallic sheet. It will be able to contribute to the use of high-density mounting in the thin devices and the thinning of modules.
Furthermore, without considering the short circuit problems with the metallic shield by LGA electrode structure, strict thin devices also high density mounting than conventional products in such a mounting height limit since it can be designed and implemented, it will contribute to reduction in thickness of the module.
FDK will continuously extend the line-up of “MCP series” to respond to customer needs by seeking of the possibility of ferrite material.
Sample of the product will be available from June, 2015.
It would be exhibited in the FDK booth of TECHNO-FRONTIER 2015 to be held at Makuhari Messe from May 20 to 22.
- Power circuit for the mobile devices such as smart phone, tablet terminal, and digital camera.
- Power circuit for wearable and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
- Portable power supply modules, etc.
- Although the product made by ferrite material, its DC bias characteristics are the same as metal material inductors and low loss in high frequency range.
- Increased by 30% in high current capacity and reduced by 30% in low-loss characteristics against the conventional model MCP2016D.
- Adopting a LGA electrode structure, it is suitable to the downsizing of a power supply circuit.
- Most suitable power inductors to the power supplies with high frequency.
*1: LGA: Land Grid Array
*2: IoT: Internet of Things
*3: In case temperature rises to 40℃ due to self-heating
*4: In case the internal L value is decrease by 30%